Hello folks and happy Friday!
It’s been a long while since I’ve shared the things that have kept me entertained, inspired, hungry, lusting-after. Let’s have a quick list for Friday, shall we?
- Instead of their special day being ruined by a nearby bushfire this couple’s photographer captured perfect photos using the bruised sky as a backdrop. Stunning.
- [You can look away now Mum] Chris and I are thinking of doing this on a holiday soon! We both had this on our bucket lists and are now seriously considering a trip down south and a cruise out into the Great Australian Bite so that we can share this experience.
- I love this patterned platter and I can imagine using it to serve delicious tapas to my friends while we are all lounging on the deck of our new house
- Sometimes I want to have something in the fridge for lunch that is easily assembled the night before. This beetroot salad recipe from Clementine Daily can be done while making dinner and then grabbed while I’m on my way out the door.
- I listen to these ladies all day long at work to keep me mentally stimulated while I’m looking at spreadsheets and typing letters. Also, they’re funny feisty feminists and I like that.
- Chris is a massive hot dog fan (I think most dudes are?) and I can only imagine his delight over homemade Soft Pretzel Hot Dog Rolls from Jennifer’s recipe.
- On an Amy’s appetite note: I was interested to see this post from The Kitchn on how to make baked tofu. I see some tofu-featuring salads in my near future.
- Added to my reading list lately: ‘Hard Choices‘ by Hillary Rodham Clinton; ‘The Conversations: 66 Reasons to Start Talking‘ by Olivia Fane; ‘The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories‘ by Marina Keegan; and ‘Blossoms and Shadows‘ by Lian Hearn (finally).
- These Homemade Choco Tacos remind me of an ice cream that was available for a really short time at the school tuckshop when I was in high school. Need.Them.Back.
- I love browsing maps, and these 40 maps of America that explain food culture are really interesting. I’d love to see an Aussie version.
Tell me, what have you been reading on the interwebs lately? Or, any book recommendations?